Thursday 20 October 2016

DIFFERENCES: THINK OF/THINK ABOUT/THINK ON/THINK IN


DIFFERENCES: THINK OF/THINK ABOUT/THINK ON/THINK IN
Think Of/About. Most of the times you can use both when talking about people. So: I’m thinking of you and I am thinking about you mean pretty much the same.
But...
- Think about. You use think about with the meaning “consider”:
I need to think about this problem
- Think of. You use think of  with two meanings:
1.   W hen you are “asking somebody’s opinion”.
What do you think of my sister’s boyfriend?
2. Or with the meaning “to imagine”
It is hot! I am thinking of lying on the beach eating a big ice-cream.
I also very often use the expression Come to think of it…



On the other hand, both Think On and Think In are less used.

Think on is a bit archaic and it is much close to the meaning of think about: Think on your sins

Think in is very easy to differentiate as it is only used with the verb to speak
Do you think in Spanish when you speak in English?
ENCONTRADO EN: www.cristinacabal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT