Tuesday 10 May 2016

STANDARD CONTRACTIONS IN ENGLISH: A LIST

Here is a list of standard contractions in English:
aren't
are not
can't
cannot
couldn't
could not
didn't
did not
doesn't
does not
don't
do not
hadn't
had not
hasn't
has not
haven't
have not
he'd
he had; he would
he'll
he will; he shall
he's
he is; he has
I'd
I had; I would
I'll
I will; I shall
I'm
I am
I've
I have
isn't
is not
it's
it is; it has
let's
let us
mightn't
might not
mustn't
must not
shan't
shall not
she'd
she had; she would
she'll
she will; she shall
she's
she is; she has
shouldn't
should not
that's
that is; that has
there's
there is; there has
they'd
they had; they would
they'll
they will; they shall
they're
they are
they've
they have
we'd
we had; we would
we're
we are
we've
we have
weren't
were not
what'll
what will; what shall
what're
what are
what's
what is; what has; what does
what've
what have
where's
where is; where has
who'd
who had; who would
who'll
who will; who shall
who's
who is; who has
who've
who have
won't
will not
wouldn't
would not
you'd
you had; you would
you'll
you will; you shall
you're
you are
you've
you have
ADAPTADO DESDE: www.grammar.about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT